Join host Sean Perrin as he discusses how clarinetist Eric Salazar grew his Facebook artist page by 6000% in 2016 alone. Although he’s just 26 years old and a recent university grad, he is now the second most followed clarinetist on Facebook, second only to Martin Fröst.
Guest Post by Eric Salazar
Eric wrote an Amazing Guest post for Clarineat on how to build a facebook page, develop great content, and start building a following on Facebook!
- Using social media time effectively
- Importance of investing (both time and money) into your page
- Getting a return on your investment
- Unexpected benefits
- The importance of visibility in the community
- Making something from nothing
- Finding your audience
- Thinking about your career as a business
- Getting over introversion
- Embracing imperfection as part of the “human-ness” of art
- Getting off the artistic pedestal
- Connecting through understanding
- Grant application tips
- Leveraging your e-audience in reality
- Expanding into international markets
- The importance of a “call to action”
- Future-proofing your audience
- Episode 8 with Eric Salazar
- Live session with Eric Salazar in Lawrence, Kansas
- Audition Hacker with Rob Knopper
- Facebook Blueprint
- Sean Perrin – Children’s Song #3 Live
- Seth Hanes “Break into the Scene”
- Joy Division
- Fractured Atlas
About Eric Salazar
Eric Salazar is a clarinetist/composer based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Eric primarily plays his own compositions as a soloist and collaborates as a chamber musicians. Eric also wears the hat of arts administrator as Community Programs Manager with Classical Music Indy, Ensemble Leader and Director of Forward Motion (an Indianapolis New Music ensemble founded in 2016), and committee member with the International Clarinet Association’s BuzzReed.
Although performing is Salazar’s primary focus, he has taken the time to learn the ins and outs of administration and marketing. Salazar has professional training on social media marketing through Market Motive and has obtained 16 completion certificates from Facebook Blueprint – Facebook’s officially recognized training and certification program.
Eric’s use of his social media training has made his page, Eric Salazar, clarinet, grow by 6,000% in 2016! Salazar’s page is the second most followed page out living solo clarinetists. His page has more followers than the virtuosic Julian Bliss and is only surpassed by the great Martin Fröst.